This is my crocheted doll that I finished today. Let me tell you how she turned out like this. 🙂
In May I crocheted this, during an extra knit and crochet café that they had at the end of the spring season. Then it was in a plastic bag, until Monday! (September 10)
On Monday I decided to take it to the class. I struggled to think of how to dress it. I mean, really. I had no idea or inspiration. So I thought, if I bring it to the class, I will have to do something about it. I just can’t sit and not do anything during the evening. I first made the shoes and then the dress.
Today (Wednesday), I decided to finish it. Because I thought there was too much ’skin’ between the neck and the dress, I crocheted a strip and attached it to cover her a bit more.
The hair was next. I am not good at attaching hair. I know there are different ways, but I should may be watch on YouTube something. I glued the hair on this doll, strands of yarn horizontically and vertically.
I wanted to make a little fringe on the forehead, so I cut the yarn short there.
I thought something was missing, so I added a little flower and a green band around the hair, to make a ponytail. I cut the strands somewhat evenly.
I have only crocheted a few flowers and I am still not good at it. But I guess you can see a flower shape. The yellow part is a little too big. The green band can act as long leaves.
Finally it was time for the face. I thought about googly eyes, but ended up putting black half beads (that are flat on the other side). I tried a red mouth and different styles, but I have difficulties crocheting mouths.
I did spend quite a lot of time on the doll, so I should be happy with the result. But it is not my favorite. I like the ponytail with the flower better than the face. But, as they say; practice makes perfect! So I just have to keep practicing to get better. 🙂